COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
TERMS & CONDITIONS
To celebrate the return of GamerFest this October 22nd & 23rd we are offering college societies the chance to claim a pair of GamerFest tickets for their members.
For a chance to win, all students have to do is Like, Share and/or Retweet our competition posts on Twitter, Instagram, and/or Facebook.
Terms and Conditions of the GamerFest Giveaway are fully outlined below.
- By entering the promotion, entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and all rules and guidelines herein.
- Promoter: The Promoter is Front Door Events Limited t/a GamerFest, 16 Clybaun Court, Clybaun Road, Galway, Ireland (the “Promoter”).
- How to enter:
- To enter this promotion, entrants must follow @GamerFestIE on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok or Facebook, like the post, share/retweet the post and tag a friend in the comments on the relevant post.
- Entrants must be resident on the island of Ireland, aged 18 years or over. This promotion is not open to any employees of the Promoter or any of their affiliate companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this promotion.
- One entry allowed per person per social platform. Entries submitted on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted.
- If applicable, copyright in all entries shall belong to the Promoter. Entries shall not be returned to entrants.
- No purchase is necessary, however internet access is required.
- Promotion Period: The promotion is open to entries from 12.00 BST on 1st September 2022 until 23.59 BST on 30th September 2022.
- The promoter is offering entrants the chance to win a pair of General Admission (Sunday) tickets to GamerFest. There is one prize only to be won per giveaway.
- The prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and non-exchangeable and there is no cash alternative offered. The Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- How is the winner selected and notified:
- The winner will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period by the participating college society.
- The winner will be contacted within 2 days of the draw via the social media channel used for entry and will be asked to provide their full name and address. If a winner declines a prize or fails to respond within the required period, they forfeit any right to the prize. If a winner fails to respond within 4 days of this initial contact, a redraw will take place from the remaining valid entries to select a new winner. A winner may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
- The prize will be sent via email by the relevant college society to the email address supplied within 2 weeks of notification.
- The Promoter reserves the right to discount any inappropriate or offensive entries and to disqualify any entries if the Promoter, at its sole discretion, believes that there has been an attempt to manipulate or tamper with the operation of the promotion (including, without limitation, by setting up multiple social media accounts in order to submit multiple entries).
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside its reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this promotion without prior notice.
- Entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final in all matters relating to the promotion. No correspondence will be entered into in respect of the Promoter’s decisions.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind and has no responsibility for lost, delayed or misdirected entries. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any infringement of any third party intellectual property rights caused by entrants entering this promotion.
- The Promoter and its associated companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits) expense or damage which is suffered or sustained in connection with this promotion or accepting or using any prize, including any loss incurred as a result of any delay and/or failure to perform any obligation to the winner or other entrants that is caused by:
- technical problems of any kind which may limit or prevent any person’s participation in the promotion;
- any loss or damage arising from or in connection with the allocation or enjoyment of a prize;
- any act or omission of any third party, particularly any third party involved in the provision of services relevant to the prize; or
- any other events beyond the Promoter’s control that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted or may lead to loss of, or damage to, the winner or to the prize.
- If any of these terms and conditions are found by a court or regulator to be invalid or unenforceable the remaining other provisions shall continue to apply.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram or any other social media channel. By entering, entrants acknowledge that Facebook and Instagram do not bear any responsibility for this promotion and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, entrants release Facebook and Instagram from any liability whatsoever in connection with this promotion. All information entrants provide when they enter the promotion is provided to the Promoter and not to Facebook, Instagram or any other social media channel.
- The Promoter shall use entrants’ personal data for the purposes of carrying out the promotion.
- Subject to the winner’s rights under applicable data protection legislation, the Promoter shall be entitled to use and feature the name of the Ticket Competition winner for publicity purposes and winners agree that they will participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by the Promoter or its agencies.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland and the parties agree that any dispute or action arising under or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Republic of Ireland.