I have purchased my ticket online, now what?
I have purchased my ticket online but have yet to receive an email or my PDF?
Can I purchase tickets at the door on the day of the event?
I bought a ticket online, but my friend has not. Can I reserve a ticket and collect on the day?
Can I get a refund if I change my mind?
I have bought a VIP ticket, can I bring my children/spouse in early with me?
Can I upgrade at the box office on the day or swap tickets at the box office on the day?
Can care workers come in for free?
What is GamerFest?
What are the dates and times of GamerFest Limerick?
GamerFest Limerick will be held on the 7th & 8th of March 2020 and will run from 10.00am for VIP ticket holders (general entry at 11.00am) until 5.00pm on each day. If you have booked online then you can bring your passes from 10.00am for VIP (for best use of your VIP pass, please queue from 9.30am so that we can have you prepared for entry at 10.00am) or 11.00am for general entry at the main entrance where they will be scanned and you will gain entry. If you are purchasing a ticket on the day, please note tickets are limited and you must purchase from the sales desk away from the main entrance and then join the main queue.
Please note that we reserve the right to end ticket sales when the venue reaches capacity.
Where is GamerFest being held and how can I get there?
GamerFest Limerick is being held at Thomond Park Stadium, with excellent access to the venue via bus, train and all main routes. Please see the Getting Here section of the website for further details.
Will there be a timetable of events that will occur during the event?
Will there be access to Wi-Fi?
Are there quiet areas/and where can I get food?
Costume Contest FAQs
Is there a Costume Contest at GamerFest?
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING POLICIES CAREFULLY
- Please note that we reserve the right to ask you to leave the convention and refuse to refund your money if you are acting in an inappropriate fashion
- Please note that a ticket does not guarantee re entry if we hit maximum capacity for the venue and cordoned outdoor area then you may be turned away until there is more space available.
- As an attendee there you are not allowed to sell items at the event, especially counterfeit / knock-off / unlicensed materials. Failure to comply with this will result in removal from the event.
- Please be aware that handcarts, trolleys, oversized strollers, rolling luggage, and wheeled backpacks are not allowed at the event as they are a health and safety hazard.
- There are no childcare facilities available at GamerFest 18 so please keep an eye on your children.
Please remember that there will be children of all ages in attendance so costumes must cover genitals and must not be of a sexual or distasteful nature. If you fail to comply with this policy you may be removed from the event without refund.
GamerFest is a harassment free zone!
We do not tolerate harassment of event participants in any form. This includes, but is not limited to: physical assault, verbal harassment, sexual harassment, stalking, unwanted physical contact, unwanted advances, or inappropriate photography.
Inappropriate photography is defined as photography where the subject feels they are being stalked, exploited, degraded, or disrespected through being photographed. While it is reasonable that photographers will be photographing costumers and other parts of the convention, should this photography become harassing or sexual in nature, the photographer will be subject to the above harassment policy.)
Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any event venue. Visitors violating these rules may be warned or expelled from the event (without a refund) at the discretion of the organizers.
We want GamerFest to be a harassment free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, fandom, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, political background, body size, race, religion, etc
Please read this entire policy before attending GamerFest. Compliance with the Weapons Rules is mandatory for all attendees. Venue staff, and security personnel reserve the right to consider any weapon or prop to be breaking these rules if deemed to be unsafe or likely to cause danger or undue disruption.
The following items are forbidden:
- Functional firearms (including, but not limited to, air soft guns, BB guns, cap guns, paintball guns and pellet guns). Functional projectile weapons (including but not limited to blow guns, crossbows, longbows, slingshots, water balloons and water guns).
- Sharpened metal-bladed weapons.
- Blunt weapons (including, but not limited to, brass knuckles, baseball bats, and clubs).
- Aerosols or compressed air chambers (i.e. paint, silly string).
- Projectiles of any kind.
- Heavy items that could be used as weapons (i.e. hammers, spanners, wrenches).
- Protruding nails, barb wire or other sharp items.
- Props that are deemed inappropriate will not be allowed into the venue.