I have purchased my ticket online, now what?
Once you purchase your ticket you should receive an email from Eventbrite.ie which will have details relating to your ticket and it will have an attachment in the form of a PDF file. This file is your unique ticket. Please print it off and bring it with you to the venue.
I have purchased my ticket online but have yet to receive an email or my PDF?
Please double check to see if the money has been debited from your account. If it has been then please contact us at [email protected] and be sure to include all relevant information.
Can I purchase tickets at the door on the day of the event?
We will have a limited number of single day tickets available on the door during GamerFest. All visitors are encouraged to purchase online to avoid disappointment on the day.
I bought a ticket online, but my friend has not. Can I reserve a ticket and collect on the day?
We do not reserve or hold tickets for anyone. They must be purchased online or at the box office on the day (be warned, tickets sell out quick).
Can I get a refund if I change my mind?
No, we are afraid not. Passes are non refundable.
I have bought a VIP ticket, can I bring my children/spouse in early with me?
If the children are 3 and under then yes. Anyone else must have a VIP ticket as well for early entry.
Can I upgrade at the box office on the day or swap tickets at the box office on the day?
We are afraid not. We will not be offering any upgrade or swap service on the day.
Can care workers come in for free?
Unfortunately not. GamerFest costs a lot to run and we have limited tickets available so we need to ensure we cover costs.
What is GamerFest?
GamerFest is a cutting edge gaming exhibition, with areas including PlayerZone, Live Stage, RetroZone, Merchandise area and Cosplay competitions. It’s an all inclusive event that promotes a family friendly atmosphere and offers gamers of all ages and abilities a memorable day out. We also encourage attendees to come in costume whether or not they intend to enter the Cosplay competitions and really soak up the atmosphere of the day.
What are the dates and times of GamerFest 17?
GamerFest 17 will be held on the 11th and 12th of November 2017 (a Saturday and Sunday) and will run from 9.30am for VIPs (general entry at 10.30am) until 6pm on the Saturday and 9.30am for VIPs (general entry at 10.30am) until 5.30pm on the Sunday. If you have booked online then you can bring your passes from 9.30am for VIP (for best use of your VIP pass, please queue from 9am so that we can have you prepared for entry at 9.30am) or 10.30am for general entry at the main entrance where they will be scanned and you will gain entry. If you are purchasing a ticket on the day, please note supply is limited of Saturday and Sunday tickets and you must purchase from the sales desk away from the main entrance and then join the main queue.
Please note that we reserve the right to end ticket sales when the venue reaches capacity.
Where is GamerFest being held and how can I get there?
GamerFest 17 is being held at the The Radisson Blu Hotel, Galway City which is located on Lough Atalia Road, next door to Galway bus station and Galway train station, offering excellent access to the event.
Will there be a timetable of events that will occur during the event?
Please check our website closer to the event for updates on our timetable.
Will there be access to Wi-Fi?
There is Wi Fi available but do not expect to be able to get gaming speeds as there will be many people using the wi-fi at one time.
Are there quiet areas/and where can I get food?
Quiet areas are available at the event, and there is also food available.
Costume Contest FAQs
Is there a Costume Contest at GamerFest?
There sure is. Please see the Cosplay section of GamerFest.ie for terms and conditions.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING POLICIES CAREFULLY
- Please note that we reserve the right to ask you to leave the convention and refuse to refund your money if you are acting in an inappropriate fashion
- Please note that a ticket does not guarantee re entry if we hit maximum capacity for the venue and cordoned outdoor area then you may be turned away until there is more space available.
- As an attendee there you are not allowed to sell items at the event, especially counterfeit / knock-off / unlicensed materials. Failure to comply with this will result in removal from the event.
- Please be aware that handcarts, trolleys, oversized strollers, rolling luggage, and wheeled backpacks are not allowed at the event as they are a health and safety hazard.
- There are no childcare facilities available at GamerFest 17 so please keep an eye on your children.
Please remember that there will be children of all ages in attendance so costumes must cover genitals and must not be of a sexual or distasteful nature. If you fail to comply with this policy you may be removed from the event without refund.
GamerFest is a harassment free zone!
We do not tolerate harassment of event participants in any form. This includes, but is not limited to: physical assault, verbal harassment, sexual harassment, stalking, unwanted physical contact, unwanted advances, or inappropriate photography.
Inappropriate photography is defined as photography where the subject feels they are being stalked, exploited, degraded, or disrespected through being photographed. While it is reasonable that photographers will be photographing costumers and other parts of the convention, should this photography become harassing or sexual in nature, the photographer will be subject to the above harassment policy.)
Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any event venue. Visitors violating these rules may be warned or expelled from the event (without a refund) at the discretion of the organizers.
We want GamerFest to be a harassment free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, fandom, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, political background, body size, race, religion, etc
Please read this entire policy before attending GamerFest. Compliance with the Weapons Rules is mandatory for all attendees. Venue staff, and security personnel reserve the right to consider any weapon or prop to be breaking these rules if deemed to be unsafe or likely to cause danger or undue disruption.
The following items are forbidden:
- Functional firearms (including, but not limited to, air soft guns, BB guns, cap guns, paintball guns and pellet guns). Functional projectile weapons (including but not limited to blow guns, crossbows, longbows, slingshots, water balloons and water guns).
- Sharpened metal-bladed weapons.
- Blunt weapons (including, but not limited to, brass knuckles, baseball bats, and clubs).
- Aerosols or compressed air chambers (i.e. paint, silly string).
- Projectiles of any kind.
- Heavy items that could be used as weapons (i.e. hammers, spanners, wrenches).
- Protruding nails, barb wire or other sharp items.
- Props that are deemed inappropriate will not be allowed into the venue.